The life and times of Jake

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Nothing is as it seems.

Well the trip I am now on is not going excactly as planned. I was supposed to be working for my uncle but it's been raining off and on ever since I got here, so that's a no-go. So no here I sit with nothing better to do than eat poptarts and watch TV. well I could go outside and ride the 4-wheeler but I don't wanna get mud on these jeans and I don't wanna change. (man I'm lazy.) Yesterday was fun despite not making any money. My cousin Jason and I were riding the 4-wheeler tuesday and I desided to ride sideways over a mound of mulch going thirty miles an hour and the beast threw me off of the left side and I rolled around in the mud a bit. Oh yeah, and I almost broke my hand between the thumb throtle and the handle. So like an idiod I got back on and kept riding. And then yesterday me and Jason decided to do something smart and try jumping it. :) And one time I jumped I almost got thrown over the front of the bike to land on a car and then hit by the speeding 4-wheeler and pinned between them. So thankfully that didn't happen :D And today I got to fix and re-mount a cabitnet that fell off the wall. And I had the priviledge of spreading manure around the garden. Fun-Fun. Expectations are the supreme dissapointment if you let them. Take everything "with a grain of salt" and you'll never be dissapoinded. see new things as opportunity, not messed-up plans. Make something good out of things that don't go as planned. This is a key to happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home