The life and times of Jake

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The things I leared.

Yesterday and today I was helping this man in Phenix City with this project he has been doing for a while. He is 79 years old and he just had shoulder surgery so he needed some help. well anyway, we (I) were (was) building a closet that he had mostly built on the side of his house off of his bedroom. today I put up paneling, built three big shelves and... laid the carpet. today I busted my be-hiney! But the point is, now I'm glad I went to work with my Dad since I was little, and I paid attention. And I'm glad I've gotten to work with him too, and he has taught me so much. I know how to built most things (houses excluded) and I can fix most things (cars excluded). I am very thankful for the thing that he's taught me, patiently, over the years. It'll pay off alot in the future. So thanks Dad, for putting up with me. :D Moral: Pay attention to things going on around you. even if you think you may never need a skill or ability to do something, but if you don't learn, you'll wish you had. The downside is I am so dog-tired that I'm about to pass out just writting this....dhf;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; wha? oh sorry. dosed there for a second. My forehed hurts.